Saturday, May 20, 2017

Basket Tune Up

It feels a bit ridiculous to include this as a DIY, so I'll call this a "tune up". 

This isn't exactly something you can replicate either, since it relies on finding a basket like this. It's more like: if you find something fun, but it isn't the color you'd like just paint it!
What this means is: I found this interesting basket with an elephant on it from the Red Cross flea market for 4.90€. I thought it was cool, but you know, bright pink
Well, luckily  that's easy to fix. Enter a can of white spray paint. I removed the eyes and just sprayed away.
Only it was kind of tricky to get all the nooks and crannies. The pink kept showing from underneath and in the ended up taking the whole can of paint. Not the cheapest thrift store project, but I think it was worth it. 

I replaced the eyes a bit wider, because I thought it looked cuter that way. Then I left it outside for a few days to remove the paint smell. (Side note, I'm not giving this for the baby to play with.)
I think it'll look really cute in the kiddos room. Once we get that set up, for now she just has a nursery corner which I've tried to keep very calm and minimal as she pretty much just sleeps there.
But someday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...