Sunday, February 4, 2018

NEEDLE FELT SWAN

I made a swan! Like I mentioned in the needle felted snowflakes post, I run out of white wool, hence a grey swan. I still think it came out pretty cute!
Wouldn't two of these make a great wedding cake topper (in white)? Maybe one with a tiny golden crown... Pity I'm already married ;)
This was the first needle felt project I used a skewer in. You take a skewer, wrap a sliver of wool tightly around it and then slide the skewer out. Poke the wool a bit so everything adheres together and voila! you have a neck! Or an arm or leg or what have you. You get the idea. If I'd known about this technique earlier I  could have made my narwhal's horn with it too.
Once I get my hands on some white wool, I'll make another one in white. Also, now I'm thinking: next, a flamingo!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...